The Farm Company "Gazzani", which for decades has ceased to grind grain for being used exclusively as a pile of rice, its origins dated back to the early years of the '400 or '500.
Under construction was called "Mulino Nuovo" to distinguish from which that one was serving the community of Vigasio, located on Tartarus at the castle. Many are the records of the accounts Giusti, deposited at the 'State archives of Verona that refer to the New Mill "Mulino Nuovo". The oldest document is a perpetual lease by which this Sir Franceschino Del Ferro has ceded the mill to the municipality of Vigasio “three and six grinding wheels, the wheel for breaking with its other necessary tools”.
In 1544 the City of Vigasio has used the mill to obtain a loan of money with which to buy the old mill "Mulino Vecchio" from the nobles Morando. The loan, as was customary then, was disguised as a temporary sale. According to documents of the Austrian Land Registry, the machinery for the processing of rice would be added in 1648. In fact, this is the era in which the territory of Vigasio were built "Pila di Sopra" (at Vaccaldo), one below "Pila di Sotto" (in the district Pozzol), one of The fate "Della Sorte" and the last one "Zambonina". The only survivor of all is this the "New Mill" (Mulino Nuovo).
Since the beginning of '900, when he came into possession of Messrs. Gazzani, began to be known by the name of that family. Now it belongs to Soave Family that continues the age-old tradition of husking Carnaroli Rice and Vialone Nano of Verone (Italy) and still keeping the ancient and fascinating place on the waters of Graicella factory.
Even today you can visit this interesting reality where you can see the two large wheels, stock and original mechanisms that allow the processing of rice "The shovels are in moving, the straps and the wooden gears transmit the motion, the lifts without charge pose small amounts of rice, instead the others are animated by wheels, the pulleys start to squeak, the movement spreads to other areas to continue the working."This process remained "unchanged" over the years the work is still that achieved by the "Rammers" (the initials thirty-six used until the Second World War, now in use only eight remain), the vertical mechanisms of wood about two meters long, the lower end terminates in a sharp part in metal. This mechanism, acts in a rhythmic beating the husk (paddy), previously poured into a hole dug in an oval shaped piece of red Verona marble, this allows to minimize the processing thereof without heat and keeping unchanged the protein .